On Writing Fantasy
Here are some Thoughts on Fantasy posts that may be helpful to fantasy writers:
- How Long Should a Fantasy Book Be?
- What Makes a Good Book Tagline?
- Uncharted Territory: Things I Rarely See in Fantasy
- 10 Common Mistakes I See in Epic Fantasy Writing
- 10 Common Mistakes I See in Paranormal Romance and YA Fantasy Writing
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Dragons Fresh
- Those First Few Pages: 8 Hooks That Get Me
- Getting the Last Line: 10 Kinds of Closing Sentences
- Sex Scenes in Fantasy Novels: When Do They Work?
For a full list of Thoughts on Fantasy posts about writing, click here.
Good Writing Websites and Blogs
Here are some websites with great writing and publishing advice:
- Terrible Minds
- Jane Friedman
- Writer Unboxed
- Nathan Bransford Author
- Query Shark
- Janet Reid, Literary Agent
Good Books About Writing
Here are some books about writing that I’ve found useful.