It’s officially been one year since I started this blog! Doesn’t feel like that long but hey, time flies. In truth it started out as a bit of an experiment, turned into more of a habit, and then became a regular part of my life.
I’m not sure what one typically does on one’s blogiversary, but I thought this might be a good opportunity to pick a selection of posts from the past year that have been particularly popular (or that were simply personal favourites). I know when I’m reading other blogs I like these sort of lists, so I figured why not do one too!
Here they are:
Top 10 Posts
- Judging a Book by Its Name: 10 Common Trends in Fantasy Titles
- Difference for Difference’s Sake
- The Battle of the Bookshelves
- The ‘Ye Olde’ in Epic Fantasy: 5 Archaisms Explained
- The ‘Ye Olde’ in Epic Fantasy: 6 More Archaisms and Why Authors Use Them
- Burning, Starving and Maiming: Nursery Rhymes Without Happily Ever Afters
- The Danger of Believing in Witches
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Dragons Fresh
- Exotic Names: 7 Languages That Inspire Fantasy Authors
- My Top 25 Science Fiction Movies
I also wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has visited, commented, liked, shared and given me advice! Blogging has been a new and slightly daunting experience for me, so I’m sure I would have given this up long ago if it weren’t for your support and feedback.
And I am, of course, planning to continue with it – can’t resist indulging my fantasy obsession and finding other people with a similar affliction 🙂
8 thoughts on “One Year Blogiversary”
Happy 1st Blogiversary! Congrats 🙂 It has been an enjoyable and insightful read.
Love the choice of gif, nothing beats LOTR 🙂
Keep churning out great stuff (or not 🙂 ) and I’ll keep coming back
Congratulations! I will have to read some of your other posts since I just recently found you. Well done! ❤
Congratulations Nicola! Looking forward to your future posts and off to reread your top ten ones 😀
Here’s to many more years of enjoyable posts.
Happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary…. happy anniversary. Hmmm… the song makes much more sense in my head than it looks in print. Here’s to another great year.
LikeLiked by 1 person