It’s officially been one year since I started this blog! Doesn’t feel like that long but hey, time flies. In truth it started out as a bit of an experiment, turned into more of a habit, and then became a regular part of my life.
I’m not sure what one typically does on one’s blogiversary, but I thought this might be a good opportunity to pick a selection of posts from the past year that have been particularly popular (or that were simply personal favourites). I know when I’m reading other blogs I like these sort of lists, so I figured why not do one too!
Here they are:
Top 10 Posts
- Judging a Book by Its Name: 10 Common Trends in Fantasy Titles
- Difference for Difference’s Sake
- The Battle of the Bookshelves
- The ‘Ye Olde’ in Epic Fantasy: 5 Archaisms Explained
- The ‘Ye Olde’ in Epic Fantasy: 6 More Archaisms and Why Authors Use Them
- Burning, Starving and Maiming: Nursery Rhymes Without Happily Ever Afters
- The Danger of Believing in Witches
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Dragons Fresh
- Exotic Names: 7 Languages That Inspire Fantasy Authors
- My Top 25 Science Fiction Movies
I also wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has visited, commented, liked, shared and given me advice! Blogging has been a new and slightly daunting experience for me, so I’m sure I would have given this up long ago if it weren’t for your support and feedback.
And I am, of course, planning to continue with it – can’t resist indulging my fantasy obsession and finding other people with a similar affliction 🙂